I never say anything for money, you can not buy me, I started hot tub universe to yell at the world, I never expected it to become something visited by hundreds of thousands each year.
The prevalence of fake reviews, marketing misinformation, 80’s style branding, and marketing attacks have left the buyer in a no-win situation. I am genuinely trying to bring clarity to a muddled misrepresented industry.
I endorse a way of making spas and any brand making spas the way I know is sustainable and reliable and efficient that can demonstrate they are in fact doing these things will get my endorsement at no cost. Quality control, accountability and truth in advertising. 5 brands I know of hit my build quality mark… Master, Artesian, PDC, Coast, and Beachcomber. I can sell any brand, everyone wants me to sell and endorse their products because the reality is more buyers come here than anywhere in the world for information and I am determined to be true to these buyers. I sell Master spas in my local market and did long before this information site became popular. The reality is less than 1% of customers that come to my blog are in my little remote market so what you end up buying does not matter to me.
What people buy in almost no way effects my money… I don’t really care what you buy at the end and other than wanting people to get good products that are sustainable and well supported it really does not effect me. I do get money from my top 5 and have turned down way more money from brands I do not like. here are my minimum criteria… You need to at least to these top 5 things :
how I make my money is little bits from lots of streams…
1. Factories that I endorse I invite to the table to be hot tub university certified, I tour their factories, rip apart a few of their tubs and if they pass I certify them, they pay for this.
2. Dealers can have me review their dealerships and become hot tub university approved retailers, they can be carrying any brand, this certification is about customer care. Again they pay for this.
3. Retailers that pass certification and carry a certified brand can become All-stars and I will directly connect customers asking for help with these all-stars and then offer those customers the fallback of coming to me for any disputes or issues the dealer will not handle.
4. I sell good products like spa marvel and filters and such online
5. Supporters and people who are helped by the site donate.
6. I have a software package I designed to run hot tub retail stores and service centers.
7. I have a customer app called SpaStar that we designed and wrote to help customers use and troubleshoot their spas
8. I have 800 independent service companies registered and we get them to run our software and supply them with parts and help to keep service levels high.
9. In areas like yours where there are no all-stars and none of my top two brands I sell direct if and only if I have service centers in the areas registered with the site.
If I sell a spa into a remote market then you have the dealer to help you, as well as me and my operation and we rock at long distance customer care because customer care is not about proximity it’s about information, knowledge, and communication which I rock at 🙂 the actual parts replacement on the ground is easy for us with so many service companies, my service levels beat most local retailers by miles.